The World Health Organization recommends washing hands and using antiseptic hand sanitizer for the prevention of coronavirus COVID-19. At the same time, the latter gradually disappear from pharmacies and stores amid panic moods.
At the same time, a disinfectant can be made independently, and the WHO told how to do it.
So, to prepare 1 liter of antiseptic hand sanitizer, you will need :
- 833.3 ml of ethyl alcohol or 751.5 ml of isopropyl alcohol;
- 41.7 ml of hydrogen peroxide;
- 14.5 ml of glycerin;
- sterile distilled or boiled chilled water;
- glass or plastic container with a screw cap;
- wooden, plastic or metal blades for mixing;
- measuring containers, plastic or metal funnels, plastic bottles with sealed caps.
Alcohol intended for the manufacture of hand sanitizer is poured into a container to a graduated mark. After that, hydrogen peroxide and glycerin are added (using a measuring tank, beakers)… Buy Hand Sanitizer Online in Lahore
Then sterile distilled or chilled boiled water is added to the container. To prevent evaporation of the hand sanitizer, the container must be immediately closed with a lid or stopper.
The solution must be stirred by lightly shaking or using a spatula, and then pour into small containers that can be carried with you.
A number of instructions for the manufacture of an antiseptic hand sanitizer were given by a doctor of medical sciences and a pediatrician Eliza Song. According to her, coronaviruses can deactivate: 62-71% ethanol; 0.5% hydrogen peroxide, 0.1% sodium hypochlorite (bleach). The best solution, according to Song, is a hand sanitizer with an alcohol content of at least 60%. She unveiled several recipes on how to make it.
Option No. 1 with 99% isopropyl alcohol:
• 2 parts of alcohol
• 1 part aloe vera gel
(For example, ⅔ cup of alcohol + ⅓ cup of aloe vera).
Option number 2 with 91% isopropyl alcohol:
• 3 parts of alcohol
• 1 part aloe vera gel
(For example, ¾ cup of alcohol and ¼ cup of aloe vera).
Option number 3 with 70% isopropyl alcohol:
• 9 parts of alcohol
• 1 part aloe vera gel
(For example, 90 ml of alcohol + 10 ml or 2 teaspoons of aloe vera gel).
You can mix the ingredients in a container in which the antiseptic hand sanitizer will be located.
You can add any essential oil from those that have an antimicrobial effect to it: sage; lavender; tea tree; mint; thyme; cinnamon; eucalyptus; oregano.
How to use an antiseptic hand sanitizer
• Treat hands for 20 to 30 seconds.
• During use, pour an antiseptic hand sanitizer in Pakistan into a handful of palm to cover the entire surface, and then rub one palm against the other. Interlock your fingers, rubbing your palms. It is important that the antiseptic hand sanitizer is distributed over the entire surface of both hands.
• It is important not to wipe the use of antiseptic hand sanitizer in Lahore city until your hands are dry. Once your hands are dry, they are “safe.”
- In Ukraine, from March 12 to April 3, quarantine was introduced due to the spread of the coronavirus in the world. It provides for the closure of educational institutions, the prohibition of mass gatherings (sports and cultural) for more than 200 people, as well as the closure of flights with some countries.
- The Ministry of Health of Ukraine reported that elderly people aged 80 years and over are in the zone of greatest risk due to the outbreak of coronavirus COVID-19.
Is it worthy to spend money on antibacterial liquids to avoid coronavirus
An antiseptic hand sanitizer is a disinfectant that is used in compliance with hygiene rules to prevent the transmission of pathogenic organisms. As a rule, such substances kill up to 99% of bacteria and viruses…
Antibacterial gels are much more effective than hygienic soaps. At the heart of most of these tools is ordinary medical alcohol, which destroys both different bacteria and viruses. And most importantly, it does it quickly, according to the WHO guidelines on hand hygiene in healthcare.
With the advent of antiseptic hand sanitizer solutions and hand gels, maintaining hygiene outside the home has become much easier. Manufacturers make hand antiseptics compact, easy to use. Most of these products protect the skin from pathogens, give a feeling of cleanliness and freshness.
Antiseptics hand sanitizers are strictly intended to cleanse the hands and surfaces around. They cannot be used to treat wounds and the body as a whole. If an antiseptic hand sanitizer gets into your eyes, rinse immediately with water. The use of antiseptics inside is also excluded.
During the Outbreak of Coronavirus in 2020, Who Outlined the Main Precautions and Hygiene Measures.
Hand washing or handling is recommended in the following cases:
- After coughing or sneezing;
- Before, during and after cooking;
- After processing raw meat;
- Before eating food;
- After visiting the toilet;
- After visiting the street;
- After contact with animals or their metabolic products.
Types of funds:
They do not spread, are applied economically and have a long flow rate. Such a liquid itself evaporates from the surface of the hands, leaving no residue.
Antiseptics hand sanitizer in the form of a spray is also available. They have more alcohol and they have a characteristic smell. True, such options are more expensive than gel.
The most practical option that is always at hand is napkins. These are fabric options soaked in a special solution. If necessary, they can handle not only the skin of the hands but also the surface of the table, steering wheel, telephone and so on.
Cream disinfectants are the least common option. At the same time, they are less practical, since they are mainly designed to fight bacteria, not viruses.
The use of antiseptics hand sanitizer is obvious – maintaining hand hygiene in conditions where more standard and familiar means are not available. However, according to doctors, too active use of antiseptics can be fraught.
Antibacterials violate the microflora of the skin, and in some people cause allergies. Also, the frequent use of such drugs becomes the reason that bacteria and viruses adapt and become immune to the components of antiseptics, and this is a rather serious problem for humanity as a whole.